Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 13: CoupeVille, Whidbey Island to Centralia, WA: 7/20/2015

Not much to say here: I picked up my cash at a Western Union office in Mt. Vernon, and headed south. Note: Western Union may be the most poorly-run company in the whole world.

There's a bridge for crossing between Whidbey Island and the mainland named Deception Pass. It's pretty there.




After Deception Pass and Mt. Vernon some of he worst traffic I've ridden in from Everett, Washington, through Seattle and Tacoma and Portland, Oregon. Average speed was around 38 MPH for at least a hundred miles.

The good news is that I met this cool guy at the hotel in Centralia, WA who was riding a nice old '84 Honda TransAlp. I haven't seen one of those for years.




Note the home-made cases and case rack. The left one is an old Halliburton briefcase, and the right one is another aluminum box he found somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment